Oviedo, FL (August 10, 2018)
Municipal Construction Inspector
Location: Orlando Market, FL (City of Winter Garden)
Cribb Philbeck Weaver Group (CPWG) is a rapidly growing engineering consulting firm with a discipline-diverse service portfolio. CPWG is a group of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Architects, Surveyors and Construction Contractors. We primarily serve local, regional, and state governments as well as private developers. We provide a wide spectrum of services to Public clients including transportation planning, roadway and drainage design, traffic engineering studies and traffic design, ITS planning and design, PD&E and corridor studies, landscape architecture, lighting studies and design, surveying and mapping services. We are looking for great people who enjoy what they do and strive to deliver quality with an emphasis on client satisfaction.
This position is for a seasoned Project Manager with expectations to lead the team to successfully deliver our projects. This position would include daily involvement in some of our larger scale projects and would manage scope, schedule, meetings, and budget. As a senior professional, this leadership role will include the expectation of being a Seller-Doer. This position will require regular communication with our clients, so candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proficiency in formulating strategic and tactical teaming arrangements to align the firm in the best possible competitive position to win Complete Street projects.
- Proficiency in identifying and developing pursuit strategies for key projects.
- Proficiency in preparing and delivering on successful Letters of Response, Technical Proposals, Oral Technical Presentations, and Interviews.
- Proficiency in Schedule and fee contract negotiations.
- Manage Design Projects including geometric design, right-of-way plans, storm drainage design, utilities, signing and marking, traffic control, and erosion control design.
- Prepare and review preliminary and final plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates, and make recommendations for additions, deletions, and substitutions when modifications are necessary.
- Provide Quality Control for Roadway Design Projects.
- Manage the preparation of engineering reports, plans, and specifications for major and minor projects.
- Conceive, plan, and conduct research in complex problem areas.
- Supervise and observe the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials and other outside agencies.
- Mentor and supervise the work of project engineers and/or technical support personnel.
- Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside consultants, and firm staff.
- Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others as appropriate to each project. Resolve a variety of complex problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Knowledge and skill in CADD techniques and principles.
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent internal and external interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks without immediate and constant supervision.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four year college or university.
- Florida Professional Engineer, P.E.
- Minimum 10 years project design experience.
- FDOT project experience is a benefit.
- Experience and knowledge of File and Drawings formats is required..
Cribb Philbeck Weaver Group (CPWG) has been providing design and consulting solutions for public and private sector clients for more than 15 years. CPWG has focused on enhancing the quality of life and sustainability within the communities we serve. Beyond the services CPWG provides to FDOT, we also provide services in areas such as transportation, parks and recreation, lake management, landscape architecture, utilities, and undergrounding overhead utilities. CPWG consists of industry-leading professionals practicing architecture and engineering design as well as scientists and highly specialized planning and strategic consultants across our multidisciplinary practice. For more information regarding CPWG, visit www.cpwgengineering.com.
CPWG is committed to building a diverse workforce and to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Based in Tampa, CPWG also has Florida offices in Clearwater, Clermont, Oviedo and Tavares and offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Branson, Missouri.