Oviedo, FL (May 6, 2018)
Municipal Construction Inspector
Location: Orlando Market, FL (City of Winter Garden)
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Resident Project Representative to join our Civil/Municipal group in Oviedo, FL. As a Municipal Construction Inspector, you will perform construction observation and construction administration for public works and private sector construction projects related to paving, storm water, utilities, parks and trails, building facilities, utility plants, site grading, roadways and solid waste. Projects may be located throughout central Florida.
Cribb Philbeck Weaver Group (CPWG) is a rapidly growing engineering consulting firm with a discipline-diverse service portfolio. CPWG is a group of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Architects, Surveyors and Construction Contractors. We primarily serve local, regional, and state governments as well as private developers. We provide a wide spectrum of services including civil design, stormwater, utilities, water resources, overhead undergrounding, transportation planning, roadway and drainage design, traffic engineering studies and traffic design, ITS planning and design, PD&E and corridor studies, landscape architecture, lighting studies, construction management and design, surveying and mapping services. We are a looking for great people who enjoy what they do and strive to deliver quality with an emphasis on client satisfaction.
Municipal Construction Inspector Responsibilities:
- Review the project schedule, schedule of shop drawing submittals and schedule of values prepared by the contractor; consults with engineering concerning acceptability.
- Serves as engineer’s liaison with contractor, working principally through contractor’s superintendent and assists in understanding the intent of the contract documents.
- Conducts on-site construction observation and administration in accordance with the contract documents.
- Inspects developer-installed improvements on land development and subdivision projects.
- Maintains project diary/log; records contractor hours, weather conditions, data relative to questions of work change directives, change orders or changed conditions.
- Reviews plans for compliance with municipal requirements.
- Prepares or reviews improvement guarantee cost estimates.
- Reviews improvement guarantee reduction requests.
- High school or GED, a four-year degree a plus
- CBC, CGC or EI licensure a plus
- 4 – 6 years’ project experience (Minimum) in construction observation and administration relative to:
- Storm water
- Site grading
- Parks and Trails
- Building Facilities
- Understand basic survey, grade and cut sheets and quantity data
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have a flexible schedule in order to work when contractor’s crew is on-site.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License to travel to job sites, meetings and/or regional office(s).
- Has the legal right to work in the U.S.
Cribb Philbeck Weaver Group (CPWG) has been providing design and consulting solutions for public and private sector clients for more than 15 years. CPWG has focused on enhancing the quality of life and sustainability within the communities we serve. Beyond the services CPWG provides to FDOT, we also provide services in areas such as transportation, parks and recreation, lake management, landscape architecture, utilities, and undergrounding overhead utilities. CPWG consists of industry-leading professionals practicing architecture and engineering design as well as scientists and highly specialized planning and strategic consultants across our multidisciplinary practice.
For more information regarding CPWG, visit www.cpwgengineering.com.
CPWG is committed to building a diverse workforce and to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Based in Tampa, CPWG also has Florida offices in Clearwater, Clermont, Oviedo and Tavares and offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Branson, Missouri.