Oviedo, FL (August 10, 2018)
Civil 3D Designer – Municipal Design Projects
Location: Orlando or Tampa, FL
Cribb Philbeck Weaver Group (CPWG) is a rapidly growing engineering consulting firm with a discipline-diverse service portfolio. CPWG is a group of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Architects, Surveyors and Construction Contractors. We primarily serve local, regional, and state governments as well as private developers. We provide a wide spectrum of services to public clients including transportation planning, roadway and drainage design, traffic engineering studies and traffic design, ITS planning and design, PD&E and corridor studies, landscape architecture, lighting studies and design, surveying and mapping services. We are looking for great people who enjoy what they do and strive to deliver quality with an emphasis on client satisfaction on great projects.
We are seeking candidate for the position of Senior Designer with specific Civil 3D design project experience. The preferred candidate should have 5 years of experience working on projects that require delivery in Civil 3D and be familiar with the technical aspects of complete street design and the associated CADD and design standards and procedures of preparing plans. The candidate must be self-motivated, schedule and budget driven, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in the use and application of AutoCAD Civil 3D design and modeling tools is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and production of drawings in support of engineering projects completed to municipal and FDOT standards.
- Prepare design plans and organize drawings based on specifications and directions from the Engineer of Record.
- Prepare preliminary and final plans and assist with technical specifications, contract documents and estimates.
- Assist with the preparation of engineering reports, plans and specifications for major and minor projects.
- Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to each project.
- Extensive knowledge and skill in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D techniques and principles, standards and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks under general supervision of the Engineer of Record.
- Perform field reviews as necessary to support design concepts and plans development.
- Minimum 5 years Civil 3D plan preparation design experience.
- Experience utilizing 3D Pipework’s is required.
- Experience and knowledge of File and Drawings formats is required.
- 10 years experience as a Senior Designer utilizing AutoCAD
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four year college or university is a benefit.
Cribb Philbeck Weaver Group (CPWG) has been providing design and consulting solutions for public and private sector clients for more than 15 years. CPWG has focused on enhancing the quality of life and sustainability within the communities we serve. Beyond the services CPWG provides, we also provide services in areas such as transportation, parks and recreation, lake management, landscape architecture, utilities, and undergrounding overhead utilities. CPWG consists of industry-leading professionals practicing architecture and engineering design as well as scientists and highly specialized planning and strategic consultants across our multidisciplinary practice. For more information regarding CPWG, visit www.cpwgengineering.com.
CPWG is committed to building a diverse workforce and to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Based in Tampa, CPWG also has Florida offices in Clearwater, Clermont, Oviedo and Tavares and offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Branson, Missouri.